Sunday, April 15, 2012

New Baby...New Decor

My fiance and I have come to the conclusion that our baby girl will not have her own room, she will room with us. Now, let me say that our room is small and this is going to be a challenge. We considered putting her nursery in her brothers room, but we don't want to disturb him all through the night so that idea was scratched quickly.  So with my last trimester quickly approaching we are in overdrive trying to reorganize our bedroom to accommodate our little princess. With such limited space we have had to be creative and opted against traditional baby furniture sets and found our own individual pieces to mix and match.  (Plus we are trying to save some serious money this time around.) Below is what we have purchased for the baby.

DaVinci Kalani 4-in-1 Crib with Toddler Rail in Ebony $249 
Lambs & Ivy Duchess 9-Piece Crib Bedding Set $199
toysrus.com

MALM 3 drawer chest, black/brown $79
Ikea Atlanta

GULLIVER Changing table, white $69
Ikea Atlanta
( We will be painting this black and I will post pics!)
 
I am so happy that we are done shopping for baby furniture. With our first child we spent well over $2000 for just our son's crib, changing table, and chest. This time around We have spent a total of $397 plus tax on a crib, dresser, and changing table.  We had set aside a budget of $1500 for the baby's furniture originally, and since we are well below our budget we are able to afford redecorating our bedroom to match our babies. I haven't made any purchases for our new decor, but all I am going to do is change the wall paint, change our bedding, and remove all our current decoration and replace them with things that fit our new decor.  I am searching the web for potential bedding and I will go to Home Depot this week to pick out the paint. I am so excited to start getting our babies room together!  I am seriously nesting right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment