Wednesday, June 16, 2010

This is only the beginning...



“Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” - Cecil Beaton




This is were my story begins... Atlanta, Georgia, home to more than just the Bull Dogs and the Hawks. Atlanta has turned into a sort of mecca, for young, eager up and comers to get their chance to"Make it ", or at least "Fake it Until they Make it". Whether it be in music, fashion, food or the arts, Atlanta is becoming the New York City of the south. And I am right in the middle of all the action!



My name is Gina, I'm a 25 years old and I haven't "Made it" nor am I "Faking it " to do so. I'm like most young 20-somethings; working day to day to make a living, doing what I need to do in order to achieve my goals. My goals in life our set around my passions... my loves... my addictions! I call them my "Five F's"... they are Family, Friends, Food, Fun, and FASHION!!!

I am a self- proclaimed fashionista and I am a size 18! In this blog, I will be talking about fashion and the way I see it . Shopping is NOT an easy task and being plus sized, doesn't make it any easier. I shop everywhere... from Neiman Marcus to Express to Dots. I love bargains, so I try to not to buy anything full price. I love trends, but I am not a fool. If it doesn't work on my body or if it looks flat out ridiculous, you will not see me wearing it.


Also, I will also highlight events going on all around Atlanta and other cities, dealing with food, fashion, music and the arts. (I mean, come on... who doesn't like to get dressed up to go to a new restaurant opening or the opening of a new art exhibit?) Culture is important to me and I am opened to learning new things. I am a BIG GIRL in a BIG WORLD, and nothing will stop me from enjoying life.

2 comments: